Auphonic Leveler Batch Processor
The Auphonic Leveler is an intelligent Desktop Batch Audio File Processor
which analyzes your audio and corrects level differences between speakers,
between music and speech and between multiple audio files to achieve a
balanced overall loudness.
It includes a True Peak Limiter, targets for common Loudness Standards (EBU R128, ATSC A/85, Podcasts, Mobile, etc.) and automatic Noise and Hum Reduction algorithms.
The Auphonic Leveler is available for Mac OS X 10.6+ (64bit) and Windows 7+ (32bit or 64bit).
- Adaptive Leveler
Our Adaptive Leveler analyzes the content of audio files using machine learning techniques and is capable of balancing loudness variations between segments in one file:
- Music, background and speech segments are classified
- Loudness differences between speakers are corrected and dynamic range compression is applied
- Music segments are processed with care: the overall loudness will be comparable to speech, but the natural dynamics are not changed as in speech segments
- Background segments (noise, wind, breathing, silence etc.) won't be amplified
- Most suitable for programs, where dialogs/speech is the most prominent content: podcasts, radio, broadcast, lecture and conference recordings, film and videos, screencasts etc.
For more details and audio examples see Adaptive Leveler .
- Loudness Normalization
Global Loudness Normalization calculates the loudness of your audio and
applies a constant gain to reach a defined target level, so that all
processed files have the same average loudness.
The loudness is calculated according to latest broadcast standards (ITU-R BS.1770)
and Auphonic supports loudness targets for television (EBU R128, ATSC A/85),
radio, podcasts, mobile and more.
For details and audio examples see Global Loudness Normalization .
- True Peak Limiter
- A True Peak Limiter, with 4x oversampling to avoid intersample peaks, is used to limit the final output signal to the selected maximum true peak level and ensures compliance with the selected loudness target.
- Noise and Hum Reduction
Our Noise Reduction algorithms remove broadband background noise in audio files with slowly varying backgrounds.
First the audio file is segmented in regions with different background noise characteristics, then a noise print is extracted in each region
and removed from the audio signal.
In automatic mode, a classifier decides if and how much noise reduction
The Hum Reduction algorithms identify power line hum and all its partials. Afterwards the partials are removed as necessary with sharp filters.
For more details and audio examples see Noise Reduction and Hum Reduction.
- High Pass Filter
An adaptive High Pass Filter cuts unnecessary and disturbing low frequencies,
depending on the context (speech, music or noise).
For more details see Adaptive Filtering .
The Auphonic Leveler Batch Processor includes a
Parallel Task Queue with configurable CPU, RAM and disk usage.
Just drag and drop audio collections into the program window and all files will be processed in parallel with your current settings. During processing, the progress and status of all individual files and the combined progress is shown in the application.
All your current settings (audio algorithm parameters, output file options, intros/outros, warnings, hardware settings, etc.) can be saved as Presets.
Audio Processing Statistics of input and output files
display details about what our algorithms are changing in your files.
They can be used to check compliance with Loudness Standards (Program Loudness, Maximum True Peak Level, LRA - see EBU TECH 3341, Section 1 ) and certain regulations for commercials (Max Momentary, Max Short-term Loudness - see Section 2.2). It also shows how much our Adaptive Leveler changes your levels (Gain mean, min, max), statistics about your input audio signals (SNR, Background and Signal Level) and much more.
Statistics can be exported as files (manually or automatically)
in machine readable JSON, in YAML, or in a human readable text format.
The exact file format is the same as in our
Web Service and is documented
It is also possible to setup Warnings for quality control or as alerts to manually check problematic segments in your audio: for example, you don't want a MaxMomentary loudness >= -19 LUFS or an Input SNR <= 15dB. Warnings will be displayed in the application and are also exported to processing statistics files.
Please use lossless audio formats whenever possible.
- Supported Input File Formats:
WAV, WAV (float), AIFF, FLAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Opus
Mac OS X only: MP4/M4A/M4B, AAC, ALAC, CAF, AC3, MP2, 3GP
- Supported Output File Formats:
WAV, WAV (float), AIFF, MP3 (via lame), FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, Opus
Mac OS X only: AAC (M4A)
Please see Auphonic Leveler Help for a descriptions of all available parameters and for further help.Next Screenshot > < Previous Screenshot
Empty start screen of the Auphonic Leveler.
The Audio Algorithms Box (bottom left) shows basic controls to enable/disable the Adaptive Leveler, High Pass Filter, Noise and Hum Reduction and to select a Target Loudness level.
Drag and drop files or folders to load multiple audio files.
Now multiple files are added to the Auphonic Leveler and we are ready to run.
Click on the Process All Files button (top right) to start all audio post productions.
During processing, a progress bar is shown at the top right.
The left table lists the status and progress of all individual files.
Audio Processing Statistics of a selected file are displayed in the right table: the format is exactly the same as in our web service and is documented here. Statistics can be exported as files in JSON, YAML or in a human readable text format.
The Algorithm Details Preferences might be used by audio experts to manually set the noise reduction amount, to adjust details of the loudness measurement algorithms and to select a custom maximum true peak level.
If you don't know what that means, please leave it at the default values!
Preference tab to select the Output Audio Format. All processed files will be encoded into this format.
Details about the filenames and the location of Output Files.
It's also possible to automatically export processing statistics (select box at the bottom).
Select an Intro and/or Outro file, which will be added at the start/end of all your processed audio files.
Warnings can be used for quality control or as alerts to manually check problematic segments. They will be displayed in the Auphonic Leveler application and are also exported to processing statistics files.
Adjust RAM, CPU usage and the temporary processing directory of our audio processing task queue.
Next Screenshot > < Previous Screenshot
We offer two licenses, depending on how you use the Auphonic Leveler Batch Processor.
If you want to buy a site license, have any questions or other licensing needs,
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All bug fixes and software updates up to the next major version can be downloaded and installed for free.
Discounted License: 69€ or $89
- You are an individual, using the software for personal and non-commercial use only.
- Cannot be licensed by a business, university or other organization.
- This license is valid for a single human user only.
- Valid for Mac OS X and Windows versions of the program.
Commercial License: 299€ or $349
- You are a business, university or other organization.
- You are an individual, using the software for commercial purpose and your annual gross revenue exceeds 15.000€ ($20.000).
- This license is valid for up to 5 users.
- Valid for Mac OS X and Windows versions of the program.
Please try and evaluate our program and algorithms fully before purchasing. All purchases are final!
All prices are listed in Euro (€) and US-Dollar ($), without taxes.
Sales tax or VAT may be charged, depending on where you live.
Companies from Europe can use their VAT ID (UID number)
to purchase without VAT.
To download and buy the Auphonic Leveler Batch Processor, you are required to register for a free Auphonic account.
The Auphonic Leveler includes our
Singletrack Audio Algorithms only,
they are exactly the same as implemented in our
Processing is done offline on your desktop computer: no need to purchase Credits or to upload/download files.
Please see our Desktop Programs Help for further remarks and distinctions!
Algorithm section in our Online Production Form with all algorithms included in the Auphonic Leveler Batch Processor.
- Advanced Algorithm Parameters, Metadata (Tagging), Chaptermarks management, Video Input/Output and Automatic Content Deployment features of our Web Service are not included in our desktop apps!
- This program does not include our Multitrack Algorithms! Please use Auphonic Multitrack for multitrack productions.
- Create a free Auphonic account and evaluate the algorithms online.
- Download and test a 7 day trial version of the Auphonic Leveler Batch Processor.
In case of any problems or questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at
We also build custom versions of our programs and algorithms on request!