Auphonic is free for 2 hours of monthly processed audio!
If you need more, we offer Recurring Credits and One-Time Credits.
Recurring Credits are reset every month.
You can see your available credits and reset date at the
Account Settings page.
One-Time Credits are valid for an unlimited amount of time and used after free or recurring monthly credits. They are added on top of your free/recurring credits and are optimal for flexible processing amounts.
For our current pricing rates, please see Auphonic Pricing.
Frequently asked questions about our web service pricing:
- How do you bill processed audio?
- What is the difference between Recurring and One-Time Credits?
- I have purchased both Recurring and One-Time Credits. Which will be used first?
- I have purchased Auphonic S Recurring Credits. Do I get 11h (9h and 2h free) per month now?
- Am I allowed to edit and re-run my production with different settings?
- Are credits charged if there is an error during audio processing?
- Are credits charged if an external service / data transfer fails?
- Are credits charged if I deactivate all audio algorithms?
- I am not satisfied with the result of a production. Can I get my credits back?
- Where can I find information about my available credits and when they are recharged?
- What happens if I upload an audio file and don’t have enough credits anymore?
- I purchased Recurring Credits. When am I billed?
- Where do I find my invoice?
- When can I cancel my subscription for Recurring Credits?
- Are Recurring Credits or One-Time Credits refundable?
- How can I upgrade or downgrade Recurring Credits to another plan?
- Is it possible to get a notification, if my Auphonic credits are low?
- Is there a trial version?
- I am a podcaster/show host. Can my listeners donate Auphonic credits for my show?
- Is it possible to transfer credits to another Auphonic account?
- I don’t want to use a web service. Can I install Auphonic on my desktop computer?
- How do you charge multitrack productions?
- Am I allowed to use the Auphonic multitrack algorithms as a non-paying user?
- Which payment methods do you support?
Billing is based on the duration of the audio files sent for processing (in milliseconds), the minimum processing time for billing is 3min.
If you process a 20min audio file with a 1min intro file, the processing time is 21min. You can use as many output files (MP3, AAC, ...) or input tracks (multitrack productions) as you want, the charged processing time will always stay the same.
When processing very short files, we charge at least 3min of credits per production to avoid spam attacks.
Recurring processing credits are reset every month according to its plan (Auphonic XS (Free) to 2h, Auphonic S to 9h, etc.). If you don’t use all credits in the current month, you cannot save them for the next month!
One-Time processing credits are used after free/recurring monthly credits (added on top of them) and are valid for an unlimited amount of time.
Recurring (or free) monthly credits are used first. Combine one-time credits with recurring credits, if you occasionally want to process more audio material. Be aware that one-time credits are added on top of your free/recurring credits!
No. Auphonic S includes 9 hours per month, Auphonic XS (Free) 2 hours, Auphonic M 21 hours, etc.
Yes. You can edit your production without additional costs, as long as you use the same input files in the same production.
If you change one of your input files or create a new production, you will be charged again!
No. We charge credits only if your production was successful.
Yes, but you are able to retry and edit the data transfer without additional costs!
Some external services are very unreliable (e.g. archive.org, etc.) and the transfer might fail. We are not responsible for these services and therefore cannot guarantee that they work as promised. However, we will do our best to ensure that your files are transferred correctly!
Yes, you have to send us a description of the problem and all used credits will be refunded .
You can see your available credits and reset date at the Account Settings page.
A production will be created and the audio processing will produce an error.
You may buy additional credits, then edit and restart your production without uploading it again.
You are billed every month in advance. Let’s say you registered on 25th of January, then you will always be billed on the 25th of the month.
We will email you a link to your invoice during the purchase process.
You can also find a list with all invoices from the last two years at the Auphonic Invoice List page.
You can cancel your subscription at any time. Please use the link to edit/cancel subscriptions at the Account Settings page.
There are no refunds for partially used periods.
No, paid fees are not refundable (unfortunately that’s very expensive for us).
Please evaluate our system before you purchase credits!
You have to cancel your current subscription first and then purchase a new one. When you upgrade, your additional monthly hours will be added to the remaining hours on your current account.
If you need more processing time just once, it’s also possible to buy additional one-time credits .
Yes. You can setup an email notification if your credits are below a defined threshold.
Everyone is invited to use Auphonic XS (Free) for 2 hours per month to test our algorithms and services.
Yes. See donate credits .
Yes. It is possible to transfer One-Time credits to any Auphonic account.
Yes. Our audio algorithms are included in the Auphonic Leveler Desktop App and the multitrack algorithms are available in our Auphonic Multitrack Desktop App .
Our apps require are a one-time purchase, but you use them as often as you like - you don’t need processing credits for our desktop apps.
However, note that the metadata (tagging), chaptermarks management, automatic content deployment (FTP, SFTP, Dropbox, etc.) and speech recognition features are not available in our desktop apps!
In the same way as all other productions, based on the duration of the output audio file.
For example, a 1 hour, 4 track production (4 files of 1 hour each) will produce a 1 hour output file and will require 1 hour of credits.
Non-paying users can try our Auphonic Multitrack Algorithms for productions shorter than 20 minutes!
If you want unlimited multitrack productions, you must have an active subscription for Recurring Credits or One-Time Credits available.
We use FastSpring for all sales. FastSpring supports PayPal and all major credit cards, including Visa®, Mastercard®, American Express®, Discover®, and JCB®. One-time credits can also be purchased via Bank Wire Transfer, Giropay (in Germany only) or Sofort .
Industry-standard encryption is used to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.