For those who don't know it yet: we opened the auphonic automatic audio post production web service for the general public!
This means that everyone can create a free account and use the system for the post production of podcasts, audio books, lecture recordings, screencasts, or whatever you want. Please let us know what you think and tell us your feature requests!
Click here to create a free account:
Only a subset of the auphonic algorithms are activated at the moment, focusing on loudness and level management.
Furthermore we filter unnecessary and disturbing frequencies, but more audio restoration algorithms will be online soon.
UPDATE: a first version of our automatic noise reduction is now online!
If you don't have an idea what loudness management means, take a look at this previous blog post:
Loudness Normalization and Compression of Podcasts and Speech Audio.
All this can be a quite time consuming ... :)
- First we analyze your uploaded audio file and classify speech, music and background segments.
- We measure momentary, short term and integrated loudness according to the EBU R128 recommendation (see Audio loudness measurement and normalization with EBU R128 for details about the algorithms).
- Quiet speakers are amplified in speech segments to achieve equal levels between speakers.
- Music segments are processed with care: the overall loudness will be comparable to speech segments, but we won't destroy the natural dynamics of your music.
- Limiter and compressors are applied automatically to get a balanced, final mix.
- Optimal encoding in multiple audio file formats like MP3, AAC/MP4, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, ALAC, etc.
- Correct metadata tagging in all supported file formats, for more information see our podcast comparison blog series.
Support for chapter marks in all output file formats (enhanced podcasts).
Yes, we also support chapter marks for MP3
(ID3 chapters) and Ogg Vorbis
(Vorbis Comment Chapter Extension)!
UPDATE: please see this much more detailed Article about Chapter Marks!
Automatic file distribution: we can copy the encoded audio files to your Dropbox, SFTP or FTP servers automatically.
This allows you to publish podcasts without multiple up- and downloads.
UPDATE: now YouTube and SoundCloud is also included, see Automatic Content Deployment: Video, YouTube and SoundCloud Integration!
Warning: Backup your Data!
Please always backup your data and don't think that it is save on our servers!
We do not intend to store all audio files and will delete them on a regular basis (after a few weeks).
We are very happy that a first version of our automatic audio post production system is online now! If you want to try it, then create an auphonic account.
For those who understand German: Tim Pritlove did a very detailed interview with us in his podcast Der Lautsprecher, LS007 Auphonic. We speak about the underlying algorithms, file formats, metadata and the future of the auphonic project.
Keep in mind that this is still an early access version and we cannot guarantee that it will be perfect in all possible use cases. Let us know if you experience any problems and keep an eye on auphonic, we will release more features soon!