If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data please contact us at email@example.com.
Auphonic.com ("Auphonic", "we", "us", "our") is an audio post production service, owned and operated by Georg Holzmann EPU.
As a registered user of our "Service", you ("you", "your") can upload audio, video, image, and text files, and other data or information (together, "Content") and encapsulate them in "Productions" on our "Website" auphonic.com.
Georg Holzmann EPU is a data controller for the purposes of the applicable data protection legislation in respect of the data it gathers from you and other users of our Website and/or Services.
So you can understand what will happen to your data, this privacy statement sets out how we will deal with any data which can personally identify you or which can be used together with other information we are likely to have access to identify you (“Personal Data”).
EU GDPR Compliant
Auphonic is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. Not only is this strict and transparent regulation applied to our EU customers, but it is also applied to all our customers worldwide. This ensures a higher degree of protection of our customers' personal data.
Auphonic does only work with EU companies and partners who comply with the GDPR regulation themselves, or with US-American companies who comply with GDPR and the EU-US Privacy Shield.
We provide a Data Processing Agreement for paying Auphonic customers which process personal data of third parties on request.
Information that we collect
Information that we can collect:
- Your email address when you create an account.
- Your files, content, configuration parameters and other information, including your photos, audio or video files, production settings, metadata and emails.
- Your tokens or authentication information if you choose to connect to any External services.
- Your subscription plan, credits purchases and production billing history associated with your account, where applicable.
- Your interactions with us, whether by email, on our blog or on our social media platforms.
Where you have ordered or contracted with us for any Services, we may also be provided with your personal data via organizations we interact with in the relevant sector, such as our billing providers. We only use this data in order to deliver our Services.
We do not process any special categories of data (also commonly referred to as “sensitive personal data”).
How we use and process your Data
The below list sets out why we process your data, as well as the data processing conditions we rely on when processing this data. More information on what the data processing conditions mean and why they are important is available here.
- To authenticate you when you log on to your account.
- To run your Productions, such that Auphonic can create new media files from your Content according to your instructions.
- To improve our audio processing algorithms. For this purpose, you agree that your Content may be viewed and/or listened to by an Auphonic employee or any person contracted by Auphonic to work on our audio processing algorithms.
- To connect your Auphonic account to an External service according to your instructions.
- To develop, improve and optimize the contents, screen layouts and features of our Services.
- To follow up on any question and request for assistance or information.
When using our Service, you fully retain any rights that you have with regards to your Content, including copyright.
We will not share your Content, or metadata associated with or generated from your Content, with third parties without your permission. We might occasionally share statistical data concerning the Productions of our users with third parties, but if we do so, the data will be presented in an aggregated form that is not ascribable to an individual user.
How long we store your Information
Your Productions and any associated audio or video files will be permanently deleted from our servers including all its metadata and possible data from external services after a certain number of days, which we will announce on your Account's production list (21 days for audio, 7 days for video productions).
We will, however, keep billing metadata associated with your Productions in an internal database (how many hours of audio you processed).
Also, we might store selected audio and/or video files (or excerpts thereof) from your Content in an internal storage space for the purpose of improving our audio processing algorithms.
Other information like Presets, connected External services, Account settings etc. will be stored until you delete them or when your account is deleted.
If you delete your account, we will also delete all of your personal information. However, please note that: there may be a delay before this information is deleted from our servers and our backup servers; and our legal obligations might require us to retain some information.
Protection of certain Personally-Identifying Information
Auphonic discloses personally-identifying or potentially personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Auphonic’s behalf or to provide services available at Auphonic’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country. By using Auphonic’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
Auphonic will not rent or sell personally-identifying or potentially personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Auphonic discloses potentially personally-identifying or potentially personally-identifying only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Auphonic believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Auphonic, third parties or the public at large.
Auphonic takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Where we store your Data
All data that we collect from you is stored on secure servers in the European Economic Area (in Germany).
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns.
We do not use any third party cookies for tracking. If you are logged into your Auphonic account, we use a cookie with your session ID to know with which account you are logged in.
Use of Third Party Services on Auphonic
Unlike most website operators, we do not collect any information about visitors (like Google Analytics, Social Widgets, etc.) on the majority of our pages.
However, in order to allow certain areas of our website to function, we use the following third party services:
- Twitter Widget (on landing page only)
- Blog Post commenting (on blog pages only)
We can’t control or be held responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties. Please be aware that how these third parties handle your information is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties.
You should also be aware that these services might still collect web traffic data for the pages where they are installed, even when Users do not use it.
Twitter Widget (on landing page only)
A Twitter Widget is integrated at https://auphonic.com/landing to show testimonials of our users about Auphonic.
If the data subject is logged in at the same time on Twitter, Twitter detects every call-up to our website by the data subject. This information is collected through the Twitter component and associated with the respective Twitter account of the data subject. This occurs regardless of whether the person clicks on the Twitter component or not.
If such a transmission of information to Twitter is not desirable for the data subject, he or she may prevent this by logging off from their Twitter account before a call-up to our website is made.
The operating company of Twitter is Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, UNITED STATES.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Place of processing: United States.
Further information about the Twitter buttons is available under https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons.
Commenting with Disqus (on blog pages only)
Disqus allows our Users to make and publish their comments on our blog pages at https://auphonic.com/blog.
If there is an email address among the personal data provided by the User, it may be used to send notifications of comments on the same content. Users are responsible for the content of their own comments.
If you have a Disqus account, it is possible to Opt Out all targeting, then Disqus will not collect or process any personal data.
Disqus is a content commenting service provided by Big Heads Labs Inc.
Place of processing: United States.
Opt Out of targeting and personalization: Disqus Opt Out
Third Party Links
Our Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age.
If we learn that we have collected personal information on a child under 16 years of age without first having received the authorization of a parent or guardian, we will take the necessary measures to delete that information within a reasonable timeframe.
Your Rights under Data Protection Laws
Right of Access
You have the right to receive confirmation as to whether your personal data is being processed by us, as well as various other information relating to our use of your personal data. You also have the right to access your personal data which we are processing. You can exercise the right in a variety of ways, and the easiest way for you do to this is likely to be contacting us at the email address detailed at the bottom of this privacy statement.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data we hold about you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal data we hold about you completed, by providing a supplementary statement to us.
Right to RestrictionYou have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data where:
- the accuracy of the personal data is being contested by you;
- the processing by us of your personal data is unlawful, but you do not want the relevant personal data erased;
- we no longer need to process your personal data for the agreed purposes, but you want to preserve your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- we are processing your personal data because of our legitimate interest to improve our site, provide customer services, or on the sale of our business (as set out above) and you:
- object to our processing as set out above; and
- want processing of the relevant personal data to be restricted until it can be determined whether our legitimate interest overrides your legitimate interest.
Where any exercise by you of your right to restriction determines that our processing of particular personal data is to be restricted, we will then only process the relevant personal data in accordance with your consent and, in addition, for storage purposes and for the purpose of legal claims.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, standard machine-readable format and the right to transmit such personal data to another controller.
Right to Data ErasureYou have the right to require we erase your personal data which we are processing where one of the following grounds applies:
- the processing is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which your personal data were collected or otherwise processed;
- our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have subsequently withdrawn your consent and there is no other legal ground we can use to process your personal data;
- you object to the processing in as set out in this privacy statement and we have no overriding legitimate interest for our processing;
- the Personal Data has been unlawfully processed; and
- the erasure is required for compliance with a law to which we are subject.
In the case of Auphonic being acquired, either in whole or in part, or in the unlikely event that Auphonic goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by the third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of Auphonic may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Name and address of the controller: